“Jalada Africa” is pan-African writers’ collective.
Our aim is to publish literature by African authors regularly by making it as easy as possible for any member to publish anything or execute any literary project as quickly and effectively as possible.
Any member aiming to pursue any project has only to convince as many members as are necessary to carry out the project. As such, Jalada emphasises cooperation and sustained collective effort.
Jalada is committed to gender parity.
Our first project was an anthology of short stories (loosely themed around insanity) published in January 2014. Our Second, the sex anthology, was published in June 2014. Jalada 02: Afrofuture(s), published in January 2015, is a collection of short stories and poems centred on the genres of Afrofuturism and AfroSF. Our most recent anthology is a collaborative project with Writivism, an initiative by CACE – a non-governmental organization in Uganda. The anthology featured fiction from exciting young writers from the 2014 mentorship program carried out in five African cities.
We will publish new anthologies every quarter.
Comments, enquiries, and letters should be sent to: jaladaafrica [at] gmail [dot] com
Managing Editor: Wanjeri Gakuru
Deputy Managing Editor: Kate Hampton
Arts Editor: Marziya Mohammedali
Board Secretary: Richard Ali
Treasurer: Mwas Mahugu
- Aleya Kassam (@aleyakassam)
- Anne Moraa (@tweetmoraa)
- Idza Luhumyo (@idzah)
- Kate Hampton (@KateCHampton)
- Linda Musita (@ivorypunk)
- Mukami Kunga
- Ndinda Kioko (@ndinda_)
- Novuyo Tshuma
- Nyana Kakoma (@NyanaKakoma)
- Okwiri Oduor (@okwiri_)
- Wanjeri Gakuru (@mawazo_mengi)
- Alexander Ikawah (@filmkenya)
- Abdul Adan
- Donald Molosi (@ActorDonald)
- Kiprop Kimutai (@tirobon)
- Mehul Gohil (@mehulgorilla)
- Moses Kilolo (@MosesKilolo)
- Mwas Mahugu (@gasfyatu)
- Richard Oduor Oduku (@richiemaccs)
- Richard Ali (@richardalijos)
- Tuelo Gabonewe (@Tuelo_Gabonewe)
- Zak Waweru (@TheWriter_X)
P.O. Box 45140, Nairobi 00100, Kenya.